Friday, February 17, 2012

Send a Farmer to Assembly


This is out of the ordinary for my blog, but I have to do it. I normally stay as far away from politics as possible. I am making an exception. A person I know very well, Brian Dahle is a candidate for California Assembly District. Brian and I graduated from a very small high school. There were 23 of us in our class and we were all very close. We had the chance to really know the character and qualities of our classmates.

Many years later, I am very excited to support a great person in his quest for California State Assembly. Brian is not a politician. He is a real person, a farmer, a businessman, a husband, a father and a member of a great rural community. He is in touch with what is going on in the "real world," he is a part of it. 

He does have political experience as a county supervisor for the last 16 years In that capacity, he has worked diligently with his other supervisors to bring his county to a debt free status. The thing I like is that Brian is not "just" a county supervisor. He and his wife own a farming operation and a plant nursery. They deal with the reality of being a business person everyday. 

Brian is involved in his community. He believes in getting involved and being a part of the solution. 

I write this because I have always felt we need real people in government offices...not people that have made a career out of it. Brian stands for a lot of the things I think are important, This is why, for once, I have decided to say my piece about politics. 

I would encourage you to learn more about him and what his thoughts are. 

Are you one of his voting constituents? 


If you are not...and know someone that is...I encourage you to let them know about this candidate and have them see what they think. 

I am not one to tell people how they should vote, but I would encourage you to take a look at what Brian has done, what his ideas are and decide what you think. I think you may like what you see...a real person who really cares about our state and our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner